Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Q&A with Libby Lee

Scene: The Bathroom. Libby Lee has asked to be taken out of the bath and placed on her potty, a popular socializing strategy. Lucy sits in a chair, and I, too, am asked to sit.

Libby Lee: Where'd you get your shoe?
Me: The store.
Libby Lee: Where'd you get your other shoe?
Lucy: (whispers) The Gettin' Place
Me: The Gettin' Place.
Libby Lee: (to Lucy) Where'd you get your socks?
Lucy: The Store.
Libby Lee: Where'd you get those pants?
Lucy: From Daddy for Christmas.
Libby Lee: Where'd you get your body?
Lucy: I was born with it.
Libby Lee: Where'd you get your head?
Lucy: It came with my body.
Libby Lee: Where'd you get your eyes?
Lucy: They came with my head.
Libby Lee: Where'd you get your face?
Lucy: It came on my head.
Libby Lee: Where'd you get your mouth?
Lucy: It came with my face.
Libby Lee: Where'd you get your tongue?
Lucy: It came with my mouth.
Libby Lee: You wanna a cupcake?

No comments:

Post a Comment